The Henderson House project is a massive undertaking by the Townsite Heritage Society to restore one of the first homes built in Powell River, in 1911. The house was originally built as an enticement for Dr Andrew Henderson and his family, when he became the first doctor in Powell River. When the home was deeded to the doctor it had the distinction of being the only privately owned home in Powell River.
With the aid of a federal government heritage grant, some funding from the city, and much volunteer work the house is slowly being brought back to its original condition. At its completion it will house the Society and become an interpretive centre for the history of the Townsite.
While much work has been done, much more remains to do. But when finished, it will be a building to be treasured.